NATIONAL DAY OF ACTION
(A virtual advocacy activity to respect social distancing and to keep our promise to people with scleroderma.)
Speak up for scleroderma on World Scleroderma Day, June 29!
National Day of Action Activities
- National ay of Action was a virtual campaign that connected people in the scleroderma community from across the country with their Representative and Senators in the United States Congress to encourage them to support policies that remove obstacles to health resources and to facilitate scleroderma research funding.
Members of the scleroderma community from across the country reached out on the National Day of Action to ask members of Congress to support bills important to the scleroderma community. Watch the training video (below).
As one advocate has said, adding your voice to this effort isn’t political, it’s personal.
An effective Action Day advocate is...
- A registered voter (if 18 or over).
- Affected by scleroderma, whether yourself or a loved one.
- Someone who can tell her/his story about living with scleroderma succinctly.
- Willing to talk openly with lawmakers about how scleroderma has affected your life.
- A good listener.
The National Scleroderma Foundation’s Advocacy Program and 2020 National Day of Action were sponsored in part by grants from Actelion and Boehringer Ingelheim.
Gold Corporate Sponsors