For Healthcare Professionals
- NEWS: National Scleroderma Foundation More than Doubles Research Funding (6/29/2021). Learn more.
Throughout this section, you will find information that is helpful if you are a physician, nurse or other health care professional. We have created this information to help professionals find resources about scleroderma and related diseases.
If you would like to see other resources in this section of our website, please let us know! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Scleroderma Foundation Continuing Medical Education (CME) and Continuing Nurse Education (CNE) Program
The continuing medical education initiative is a vital tool in advancing awareness and understanding of scleroderma and its comorbid conditions among medical professionals. Because scleroderma is a systemic disorder, patients are typically under the care of multiple specialists in the course of disease management, depending on the particular organ system(s) affected by the disease (e.g. skin, heart, lungs, kidneys, digestive track, etc.). There is a great need to educate medical professionals on the various manifestation of scleroderma to foster quicker, accurate diagnosis to enhance patient outcomes/quality of life. The CME and CNE program allows the National Scleroderma Foundation to provide continued education credits to these professionals as they learn more about this complex disease.
Want More Information?
There are two major classifications of scleroderma: localized scleroderma and systemic sclerosis (SSc).
- What is scleroderma?
- Glossary of scleroderma terms
- Coping with Scleroderma
- Scleroderma and African Americans
- Juvenile Scleroderma
- Related Conditions
- Research and Treatment Centers
- Interactive Body Tool: How Scleroderma Affects the Body
- Medical professional text books
- American College of Rheumatology SPECIAL ARTICLE 2013 Classification Criteria for Systemic Sclerosis
Medical and Research Information
Learn more about the education programs and the Research Grant Program that we offer:
- Education Programs
- National Scleroderma Foundation Research Grant Program
- National Scleroderma Foundation Pre-Doctoral Summer Fellowship Awards
- National Scleroderma Foundation More than Doubles Research Funding